Cancer Council Australia Board
Our Board oversees the strategic direction and policy-making activities of Cancer Council Australia. The Board comprises:
- an independent Chair appointed by the Board
- a nominee from each state and territory member organisation
- three additional nominees, one each from NSW, Queensland and Victoria, nominated by the respective member board
- a Consumer Director, appointed by the Board
- a nominee from the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia, appointed as Associate Director.
Board members are bound by a code of ethical standards, outlined in the Our People section of this review.
The Board met five times in 2016-17. An Annual General Meeting was held in November 2016.
There are three Board committees:
- the Executive Committee consults with the Chief Executive Officer on managerial and other issues delegated by the Board
- the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee oversees the audit of business and operational matters, identifies and manages business risk, and advises on matters relating to financial performance and budget development
- the Governance Committee oversees and advises the Board on issues relating to the current review of the constitution and on other matters relating to governance.
This page was last updated on: Friday, January 5, 2018